The following questions should help you to identify the signs of an abusive relationship.
If you answer yes to one or more of these, you should seek help. Contact us and we can help.
Does your partner
- Isolate you from the people you care about most, or from friends you had before you began dating?
- Frequently embarrass you or make fun of you in front of other people?
- Use intimidation to make you do what he/she wants?
- Make you feel there is “no way out” of the relationship?
- Make you perform sexual acts that you don’t enjoy or are against your will?
- Threaten you with force, words or weapons?
- Use alcohol or drugs as an excuse for saying hurtful things or abusing you?
- Get extremely angry frequently, and you don’t understand why?
- Not believe he has hurt you or blame you for what he/she has done?
- Physically force you to do what you don’t want to do?